Sunday 12 December 2010

Road safety films: Look and Listen and Crossing with Prams

Last month I posted about a series of public information films entitled Road Safety: Pedestrians No. 1. Now it's time to cover the two animated films in the Road Safety: Pedestrians No. 2 series...

Incidentally, the series also contains a live action short entitled Older People.

"Look, listen and think."


"Think what?"

"Think what you're doing when you go out all by yourself."

"Remember your curb drill."

"Use the pedestrian crossings. Walk, don't run, when the coast is clear."

"However much you may feel like it, never play in the street. And never, ever dash out into the road."



"More people of five, six and seven get killed or hurt than any other age group - so don't you do anything silly when you're out on your own."

"If you want to play, go to a playground or play street."


"But if you're out walking, be sensible. When you want to cross, use the crossings. Be sure you can see: only cross when the coast is clear. Listen: if you hear a car, it may be coming round the corner. So use your head: think, listen, look."









"Every Saturday morning my ma takes me shopping in a pram."



"Being Saturday morning, everyone's rushing to spend their wages by lunchtime - so nobody's giving way for a pram."

"And by the time we get don into the road..."




"If I grow up it'll be a miracle!

"I keep telling her it takes time to cross the road with a pram! Use the lights, use the zebras! Motorists don't realise the pram-pusher's problem! Last Saturday, we pushed out from behind a parked vehicle..."


"This is where I get out and walk - and I'm keeping out of that pram until mum and motorists realise crossing with a pram takes time!"

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this for ages wonder if there's a film for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great safety film. I have been trying to teach my kids the importance of safety. I want them to be aware about the outside world. I do not want them to get into trouble. http://glasstintingwa.com.au/residential-window-tinting/security-safety-film/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about this ad for years. I'm so glad to see the pictures. It must have been effective for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought about this ad for years. I'm so glad to see the pictures. It must have been effective for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can recite most of this ad by heart but had forgotten some of the pics. Lovely to see them and fill in a few word gaps.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete